BOULANGERIE22: A Sweet Haven for the Sweet Tooth

Saturday, December 03, 2016


Paris, France is  one of the top dream destination of most people. Along with this, came the popularity of French bakeries. Because French take great pride with their breads, several bakeries emerged to give us a taste of France. One of these French themed bakeries was Boulangerie22.


I happen to pass by it in the Lucky Chinatown Mall. They offer a lot of pastries and cakes. It all looked so enticing that I felt like I was being pulled in. The ambiance of their bakery was clean, bright, and conducive for small talks.


Being a glutton, I bought a lot of goods to try. To be specific, we ordered their strawberry cream cheese muffin, cream cheese muffin, chicken floss bread, what the fudge cake, dark chocolate cookie, and classic loaf bread. (Yeah, I know, I really did order a lot aaaaand I wasn't eating alone. I went with my sister.)


I first tried the strawberry cream cheese muffin because it looks really delicious! And upon biting, it didn't disappoint me. It was delicious and the texture of the muffin was moist and tender compared to other muffins, that are a little dry and dense. It had the right softness to it. But after eating almost half of it, I couldn't finish my muffin. ☹ It was so sweet! There was something stopping me from finishing the whole muffin. I also took a bite from the cream cheese muffin and dark chocolate cookie of my sister, and again, both were also delicious but too sweet for me.

Due to the sweetness of the muffins and cookie, I decided to taste the classic loaf bread and chicken floss bread next. The classic loaf bread tasted like the wheat bread sold in Shopwise bakery. It tastes bland which is perfect when coupled with a good jam and what I like about this is that when you fold it, it doesn't break apart unlike other supermarket loaf breads.


On the other hand, the chicken floss bread is by far my favorite. It's not sweet (obviously) and the taste is better than other normal chicken floss. I can't exactly pin point what made it better than the others because I'm not a food critique but all I can say is it tastes better.


And lastly, I saved the "what the fudge" cake for last due to the fact that I'm an extreme chocolate lover. For me, it is the same as the muffin, delicious but the sweetness is overwhelming. It also reminds me of the triple chocolate roll sold in Red Ribbon. The taste is very similar. Probably the only difference between the two is their texture. The Red Ribbon is a bit spongy while the one in Boulangerie22 is velvety.

Overall, I think the bakery is a haven for the sweet tooth but I'm not one of them. So I guess, the bakery was just not for me. We all have different tastes anyway so I think it's best to go and try their pastries. &#x1F609


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe